This contest is open to all students in grades 9 through 12 and currently enrolled in a public school within Broward County, Florida. The topic: Colin Kaepernick’s Protest: Helpful, Hollow or Something in Between. Your assignment: Explain your perspective on the utility or lack thereof of Colin Kaepernick’s protests during the National Anthem. This is not a term paper so there should not be citations to other documents. Draw upon your knowledge of history, the American political tradition and current events. Specific details:
- ◙ No more than 2,000 words. Certify the word count.
- ◙ Must be your original, independent work with no assistance.
- ◙ Must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ◙ Submissions will be accepted from now until January 1, 2017.
- ◙ The winner will be announced on Monday, January 16, 2017.
- ◙ The winner will receive a $1,000 cash prize.
- ◙ I will take the winner and 10 of his or her guests out for dinner.
- ◙ The dinner will be held in a private room at Timpano Chophouse.Good luck! – JP